Dec 13th, 2021
Visit Our Website: https://www.rtclc.com
Episode 52: Leaders Inspire Greatness
1. Define Greatness
- If there is no culture defined, that’s where you have to start.
- QUESTION: What is that culture? What are the things that you like and what are the things that you wish that you could change?
- If you wanted to change culture to the core, you would have to strategically do so.
- QUESTION: What does it take for your team to succeed? What is success? What does that look like?
- There’s no shame in bringing people along to help answer the questions that you don’t know. .
- I need to bring people alongside me to hit the goals that I want to hit.
- QUESTION: What are the goals that you are trying to hit at your company?
- Companies themselves are only the sum of its people.
- “Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.” - Victor Kiam
- Make the choice today to move forward at all costs. Your team is counting on it.
2. Offer Greatness
- When you are the leader, it is not your job to be the one in the spotlight.
- Never think that you have to be the hero in the story.
- The greatest assets in your company are the people.
- Your people are on the team for a reason.
- “You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time.” - Donald Rumsfeld
- QUESTION: Who is the Army that you have? Are you offering them a chance to shine in the spotlight and do what they do best?
- If you feel like you are tired and are doing too much, my challenge would be that you figure out what you are doing that you shouldn’t be doing.
3. Pass on Greatness
- If you cannot pass on greatness you will never be much more than a good performer.
- “Leader’s lasting value is measured by succession.”- John Maxwell
- QUESTION: Ask yourself, “if I left tomorrow, how good would my team really be?”
- Every time you do something at your place of work, you need to be thinking, “is this adding to the ultimate succession?”
- You’re not going to be your company forever. Somebody will eventually succeed you and your leadership.
- “All the perks, all the benefits and advantages you may get for the rank or position you hold, they aren’t meant for you. They are meant for the role you fill. And when you leave your role, which eventually you will, they will give the ceramic cup to the person who replaces you. Because you only ever deserved a Styrofoam cup.” Leaders Eat Last, Simon Sinek
- All great leaders pass on greatness.
MO’s Final Thoughts:
I hope that you are always looking to make your team great. You have the team that you need right in front of you. Everybody has greatness inside of them. It’s our job as leaders do for that greatness out.
Special thanks to:
Work it out by LiQWYD https://soundcloud.com/liqwyd
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/l_work-it-out
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/erSmdVocHO0